Three Things About Elsie by Joanna Cannon
There are three things you should know about Elsie.
- The first thing is that she’s my best friend.
- The second is that she always knows what to say to make me feel better.
- And the third thing… might take a little bit more explaining.
84-year-old Florence has fallen in her flat at Cherry Tree Home for the Elderly. As she waits to be rescued, Florence wonders if a terrible secret from her past is about to come to light; and, if the charming new resident is who he claims to be, why does he look exactly like a man who died sixty years ago?
From the author of The Trouble with Goats and Sheep, this book will teach you many things, but here are three of them:
- The fine threads of humanity will connect us all forever.
- There is so very much more to anyone than the worst thing they have ever done.
- Even the smallest life can leave the loudest echo.